Please review these adoption guidelines and tips to speed up the adoption process:
- Please be able to provide a valid photo I.D. with your current address. (If your I.D. does not reflect your current address, bring a piece of mail with your name and address on it.)
- Be able to prove that you are allowed to have a pet where you live. (Proof of home ownership or a copy of your rental lease including the specific pet policy.)
- Bring along all members of your household, including dogs for an introduction to a new dog. However, we do recommend meeting at the shelter before involving children in the pet selection process.
- Understand that the Sullivan County SPCA reserves the right to deny an adoption.
- You may call 845-796-3120 to speak to a counselor for more information prior to your visit.
- Only the shelter manager can approve animals for adoption or fostering
- The adoption process takes time. You may not be able to take home your pet the first day you come to the shelter and meet them (especially on weekends).